You’re trying to use the Aiwit doorbell camera, but it won’t record clips or sound. In this article, we will show you what to do when your Aiwit Doorbell is Not Recording.
- Why is my Aiwit Doorbell not recording?
- How to Fix Aiwit Doorbell Not Recording
Why is my Aiwit Doorbell not recording?
There are a few potential reasons why your Aiwit doorbell is not recording, shutting down or freezing when you try to use it.
Poor/Lost WiFi Signal
There are many potential causes for a poor or lost WiFi signal. Some common causes include:
Interference from other wireless devices, distance from the wireless router, physical obstructions between the device and the router, and weak or outdated wireless network equipment can all affect your Wi-Fi signal.
Insufficient Power or Faulty Battery
One possibility is that your doorbell doesn’t have enough power. If the batteries in your doorbell die, the entire system will shut down, so it’s important to regularly check the battery level. Another possibility is that there is a fault in the wiring or circuitry of your doorbell, which will need to be fixed by a professional.
Night Vision Malfunction
There may be something obstructing the lens of your Aiwit doorbell cameras, such as dirt, dust, or water. This can cause the device to malfunction.
Unresponsive Doorbell Button
The button may be dirty or obstructed, preventing it from making good contact with the doorbell wires. The button may also be loose, which would prevent it from making good contact with the doorbell wires. Lastly, the doorbell wires themselves could be loose, which would again prevent the button from making good contact with them.
It is possible that your Aiwit doorbell and motion sensor is malfunctioning because the firmware on these devices may be outdated.
How to Fix Aiwit Doorbell Not Recording
Check Your WiFi Connections
Check that your Aiwit Doorbell is properly connected to your WiFi network. Make sure that your WiFi network is active and working properly. If you’re using a mobile device, check that you’re connected to the internet. If you’re still having trouble, try restarting your Aiwit Doorbell.
Replace Faulty Battery and Fix power issues
There are a few things you can try if your doorbell isn’t working. First, check to see if the doorbell is getting power by trying to use it. If it is, try resetting it. If resetting doesn’t work, try taking the battery out and charging it fully.
What you need:
- A new battery for your device
- A Phillips head screwdriver
- A small pry tool
- Use your Phillips head screwdriver to remove the screws on the back of your device.
- Carefully remove the back cover of your device.
- Locate the battery inside your device.
- Use your small pry tool to carefully remove the old battery from your device.
- Place the new battery in the same location and use your pry tool to carefully press it into place.
- Replace the back cover of your device and screw it into place.
- Test your device to see if the power issue has been resolved.
Check if the Camera is working Properly
There are a few things you can do to check if your Aiwit doorbell camera is not recording or working properly. Make sure the camera is plugged in and turned on, and that there is not anything blocking the lens.
Update your Aiwit Doorbell App
If you want to update your Aiwit Doorbell App, you can check the User Manual for your specific model. You will be able to find information about how to update the app, as well as troubleshooting steps and more.
Contact Aiwit Support
The contact info for Aiwit Doorbell Camera is easy to find on their website. They have a customer service phone number as well as an email address. I contacted them and they were very responsive, answering all of my questions within a day.
- 14 Steps to Set Up a Smartwatch With Smart Home - March 29, 2023
- Eufy Activity Zone Not Working: How to Fix and Get Activity Zones Working - March 27, 2023
- The Best Dash Cam With Wireless Microphone of 2023 - March 14, 2023